Grace Fellowship Church (GFC), is a growing non-denomination church, in Timonium MD. The Creative Associate assists in the execution of creative projects, media/social media, copywriting, and administrative tasks. This will include the manipulation of graphics, design layout, video production and visual branding. This role will aid in the design, organization and implementation of key projects and initiatives.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
- Uses creative abilities to assist with print, digital, and video production.
- Manages social media platforms and produces original content on a regular cadence.
- Works closely with the Creative team in the implementation of branding and design standards.
- Meets with the respective ministries to harvest content and write compelling stories for various channels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the proficient functioning of the office.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Vibrant Christ follower with strong character
- Live the staff values of GFC
- Commitment and support of Grace Fellowship’s purpose, vision, and mission
- Desire and ability to encourage greater unity and interaction amongst people from multi-cultural, ethnic, and economic backgrounds
- Must be/become an active and engaged member of GFC
- Passionate about making more and better disciples in a church environment
- Embraces a biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle both publicly and personally
- Knowledge of graphic design principles, photography, and videography, social media management across various platforms
- Must possess working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere/Final Cut or non-linear digital editing program
- Flexibility with deadlines and priorities in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
- Customer service attitude and energy
- Possess good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong creative writing background and verbal communications skills
- Self-motivated, ability to work independently as well as with ministry teams
- Strong interpersonal & conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology
- Ability to think, plan and act strategically and relationally
Education and Experience
- Post high school degree from an accredited college or university preferred
- Experience with print, digital, and video production
- Prior experience in creative writing preferred
Working Hours and Conditions:
This position is full-time; non-exempt.
There are currently two “all hands” events per year, Christmas and Easter, where extra hours are required.
Most work is done on-site although some work may be done remotely.
Travel Requirements and Expectations
Occasional offsite staff meetings and periodic travel for training and enrichment may be required.
Commensurate with experience and capability. To be discussed in the hiring process.